Friday, April 20, 2012

Introducing my New PS3














I'd been wanting to get a PS3 for a while now, with certain exclusives taunting me from the other side of the fence. Demon's Souls was always one of the main games I wanted a PS3 for, but I could never justify the cost of a new console when I already had a gaming PC and such a vast backlog of unplayed PC and PS2 games. But with my recent birthday and news of the Demon's Souls servers going offline on May 31st, I finally bit the bullet and bought the console. Six years later, I've finally entered the current generation of console gaming.

The icing on the cake is that GameStop had just started a sale period for the PS3, which got me a $50 discount on a new console and a free copy of Batman: Arkham City. These were some very nice surprises, since I wasn't even expecting them and the timing was absolutely perfect, so the sale helped validate the purchase a bit (or at least alleviate some potential buyer's remorse). Demon's Souls, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment